If you’re using a Verizon Google Pixel 2 device and you’re looking to flash a brand new Oreo Factory Image, then you should check the instructions below.
Check all the info below and you will learn how to manually flash Android 8.1.0 Oreo Factory Image for your Google Pixel 2 Verizon devices. The factory image will wipe clean the entire data from your device, which is why you should backup all the important data files.
This guide is great to be used by those Pixel 2 Verizon users that are looking to restore their phones to 100% stock firmware. So, in case you have modified the installed Android OS in any, then the factory image found in this post will help you restore the device to 100% stock firmware.
Check the following guidelines:
- use this tutorial only for the Google Pixel 2 Verizon devices.
- don’t use this guide for other different devices.
- enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Developer Options menu.
– if you can’t find Developer Options, then you have to go to Settings> About Phone> here tap seven times on the Build Number text.
– return to Settings, and find Developer Options.
– open Developer Options and now you can enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- this guide has to be used by advanced users only, we cannot be held responsible in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- read the entire post and do not skip any steps.
- check your phone’s battery charge level and make sure that there is at least 50% power left, so that the device won’t switch off during installation.
Now that you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to install Android 8.1.0 Oreo Factory Image for Verizon Google Pixel 2:
The first thing you need to do is to setup Platform-Tools and Fastboot Drivers. These changes will help you connect the phone to PC via usb cable.
Download the Platform-Tools zip for your PC using the links below:
- for Windows click here.
for Mac OS click here.
for Linux click here.
- when the download is done you can extract the archived files.
– save all the files in a new folder named Platform-Tools.
- download Google USB drivers and install them on your PC.
Now you can continue to the next installation part of this post.
Install the Android 8.1.0 Oreo Factory Image for Pixel 2:
- Download Android 8.1.0 Oreo Factory Image from the files here.
- When the download is done you need to extract the contents.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot your device in Fastboot Mode.
- Go to Platform-Tools directory.
Open a command prompt / terminal screen in this folder.
Run the cmd with admin rights.
- Connect your phone to PC via usb cable.
– verify that the device has been detected by the computer.
- Unlock the Pixel 2 Bootloader using the following command line: fastboot flashing unlock.
- Get back to Platform-Tools folder and start the installation process.
- Run flash-all.bat for the Windows computers, or Flash-all.sh for Linux / Mac OS.
- Confirm the installation process.
– don’t press anything until the Android 8.1.0 Factory image install is done.
- When the flashing process is done you can reboot the phone in normal mode.
Unplug the device and wait for first boot to be completed.
In case you need any extra help you can tell us in comments below.