The official Android 9 Pie Security Update for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 firmware is now live for users worldwide. The new firmware comes with the latest security improvements and multiple performance tweaks.
This tutorial is destined to be used by those that are still waiting for the OTA Android 9 April 2019 update to arrive in their respective regions. As you know the update files are rolled out in stages, and not every Galaxy Note9 users will get the new files at the same time.
The tutorial can be used for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960F International variants. You can't use the guide for other different models.
How to install Android 9.0 Pie Official Update for Galaxy Note9 N960F using Odin 3.13.3:
- Go to Developer Options on your device and enable USB Debugging option. If you can't find the menu, then go here and learn how to activate it.
- Download the Samsung USB drivers from here and install them on your computer first.
- Get Odin 3.13.3 utility zip from here. Unzip the contents when the download is done.
- Now, download the official Android 9 Pie N960FXXS2CSD2 firmware update file from here.
- When the firmware is downloaded successfully you have to extract the contents and save them on your PC.
- Switch off your device.
- Launch Odin exe on your PC.
- Boot your Galaxy Note 9 in Download Mode. Do it by pressing simultaneously Volume Down + Power + Bixby button. Release all buttons when the Note 9 display turns blue.
- Press Volume Up to confirm Download Mode boot.
- Use a USB cable to connect your Galaxy Note9 with your computer. Wait for Odin to add your device, then get to the next step.
- Now you will have to load the firmware update files. Go to Odin main menu.
- Click the BL option and load the BL_N960FXXS2CSD2 tar.md5 file in Odin.
- Click AP and now load the AP_N960FXXS2CSD2 file.
- Click CP in order to load CP_N960FXXS2CSD2 file.
- Click CSC and load the HOME_CSC_
_N960FXXS2CSD2 file. Do not load the file that has only "CSC" in its name, as that one will tell ODIN to delete all the data that is stored on your phone.
- Press START when you are ready to begin the official Android 9.0 Pie for your Galaxy Note 9 device.
These were the steps you had to go over in order to finish installing the brand new Android 9 Security Update for your Galaxy Note 9 smartphone. If you require any additional help, then you can use the comments below.
Note that you should unplug the device from PC after the reboot is done, and then reboot it once again after the Android 9 Pie Install Complete notification is shown on your phone.