The new Android 9 Pie official update with Samsung's One UI has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S6+ users. The new firmware files are being released in stages for all users worldwide.
The Android 9.0 Pie with the new One UI comes with tons of new features and improvements such as adaptive battery, new app actions, new design, dark mode all over the interface, and more. One UI has replaced the old TouchWiz Experience that Samsung has been using as its default user interface since its first device got launched years ago.
Android 9 Pie on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Plus feels smoother and faster than ever before, even if this device has been first launched with the Android 8 Oreo that's not that bad in terms of performances.
If you don't want to wait for the official Android 9 Update to be released in your region over-the-air, then you should follow the info we posted below and learn how to do it manually with the ODIN app.
Odin 3.13.3 is a small tool designed to help advanced users to upgrade their phones easily. Note that the guide will work only with the Galaxy S6 Plus A605F. For the normal Galaxy S6 A600F go here.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S6+ to Android 9.0 Pie with Odin 3.13.3:
- First you need to enable USB Debugging for your Galaxy S6 Plus from its Developer Options menu. If you don't know how to do it, then you can learn here (easy tutorial).
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers from here for your PC.
- Download Odin 3.13.3 tool from here. Unzip all the contents and save them on your PC.
- Grab the Android 9.0 Pie A605FJXU3BSC6 firmware files from here.
- when the download is done you have to unzip all the contents.
- save all files on your computer.
- Switch off your Galaxy S6 Plus.
- Launch Odin 3.13.3 exe on your PC.
- Boot it in Download Mode.
- press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- release the buttons when the blue screen loads, then press Volume Up to confirm Download Mode boot.
- Connect your phone with the PC via usb cable. Odin should detect the phone, if otherwise re-read the steps above.
- Go to Odin main menu and load the update files like this:
- click BL and load the BL_A605FJXU3BSC6 tar.md5 file.
- click AP and load the AP_A605FJXU3BSC6 file.
- click CP and load CP_A605FJXU3BSC6 file.
- click CSC and make sure to load the HOME_CSC__A605FJXU3BSC6 file.
- do not load the _A605FJXU3BSC6 file that only has "CSC" in its name without the "HOME" term, as that one will wipe clean your device.
- Press START to confirm the Android 9.0 One UI Upgrade for your Galaxy S6 Plus device.
Note that the update process will take a while to complete. Reboot the phone when the update is done and unplug it from your PC.
If you cannot complete the update process you can tell us in comments, and we will try to help you finish it.
Also, if for any other reason you can't update your phone, then it would be best for you to wait until you get the new firmware files over-the-air. Check for new updates by going to Settings> Software Update menu, and if there's any firmware update file for you to install, then you should confirm the download and wait for the installation to be done.