CM 11 Final Snapshot and Stable builds are now live for all the old HTC One X+ devices. Check all the instructions in this article in order to learn how to successfully flash the new custom ROM.
CyanogenMod 11 SNAPSHOT is a stable custom ROM that is based on AOSP Android 4.4.4 KitKat builds. It contains all the stock feature as well as tons of extra CyanogenMod features and no bloatware. Check the CM blog page here for more info on this release.
Before starting the install you can read the guidelines below and make sure that your device meets all the requirements:
- use this post only with the HTC One X+ smartphones.
- don't flash the files that you will find in this post on any other different Android devices.
- your phone needs to be on an unlocked bootloader, it has to be rooted and running a custom Recovery image such as CWM or TWRP.
- the installed custom Recovery needs to be updated to its latest version, so that it supports the latest CM 11 Snapshot ROM installations.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset.
- the NANDROID Backup creates a restore point for your phone.
- the 'factory reset' wipes clean the system memory partition, but it won't delete any data from internal storage as it gets rid of the old ROM and it allows you to fresh install the CM 11 Snapshot ROM.
- do not skip those steps when you reach them.
- if you wish to save data from installed applications, then you should try the Helium app for Android.
- Titanium Backup tool might not work with this CM 11 build, so it is not recommended for you to use it.
- Contacts info can be synced with your default Gmail account.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
- this guide is for advanced users only, we cannot be blamed if you brick the device nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
- check the battery charge level of your phone, make sure that it is over 50% so that the device won't switch off while you are flashing the new custom ROM files.
Now that you know all of the above you are free to continue to the next part of this post.
Remember that this CM 11 Snapshot build might possibly be the final CyanogenMod-based custom ROM that you will see, so you should give it a try if you are looking for a stable and Android 4.4.4 feature-filled ROM.
How to flash CM 11 Snapshot Android 4.4.4 ROM for HTC One X+:
- Download the CM 11 Snapshot ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 4.4.x ROMs from here.
- Transfer the files to your phone's internal storage.
- after the transfer is done you can disconnect the phone from PC.
- do not unzip these files.
- Power off your smartphone and then boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for your device:
- CWM: select the 'backup and restore' option.
- TWRP: select 'backup' options.
- set a name for the file and confirm the process.
- Now you can factory reset the device:
- CWM: select 'wipe data/ factory reset'.
- TWRP: select the 'wipe' menu.
- confirm the factory reset and continue to the next step when done.
- Initiate the CM 11 Final Snapshot ROM installation:
- CWM: select 'install zip from sdcard', then 'choose zip from sdcard'.
- TWRP: select 'install' option.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm the process.
- When the CM 11 is installed with success you can flash the Gapps zip in the same way.
- Reboot your smartphone in normal mode after all the files are flashed.
Note that the first boot process of this new ROM is going to take a while before it loads all the new files.
In case you need more help completing this guide, then you should tell us in comments.