CyanogenMod 12.1 Stable ROM is available for HTC One M7 and you can use the instructions listed below.
CM 12.1 Stable ROM is based on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop AOSP builds. You can check the instructions listed here and here. Before starting the updating process you should read the guidelines below:
- this guide is destined to be used for all the HTC One M7 devices.
– don’t use this post for any other different devices.
- the HTC One M7 that you are about to update should be rooted.
– also, a custom Recovery should be installed too.
– the installed custom Recovery has to be updated to its latest version, so that it supports the new Android 5.1.1-based custom ROMs.
- in the tutorial part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps:
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– the Factory Reset process wipes clean the system partition.
– Factory Resetting the device will remove the old ROM and it allows the new ROM to boot in normal mode.
- in case you wish to save data from any installed applications, then you should try the Helium app.
– sync Contacts data with your default Gmail account.
- use this guide only if you are an advanced user, we cannot be blamed if you brick the device nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- read the entire post and do not skip any steps.
- verify the charge level of your device and make sure that it is over 50%, so that it won’t prevent your smartphone from powering off during installation.
After you’ve gone past all the info above you can continue to the next part of this post.
Remember to use the CyanogenMod Updates menu in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
How to flash CM 12.1 Stable Android 5.1.1 ROM for HTC One M7:
- Download the CM 12.1 SNAPSHOT file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 5.1.1 ROMs from here.
- When you’ve completed the downloads you can move them to your phone’s internal storage.
– don’t unzip the archived contents.
– continue to the next part of this post.
- Power off the phone and then boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
– CWM: select the ‘backup and restore’ file.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’ option.
– set the name for the file and confirm process.
- Apply the ‘factory reset’:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ for this device.
– confirm the factory reset.
- Now you can install the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’ option.
- Find the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 zip and confirm the installation.
- After the ROM is flashed you can flash the Gapps zip too in the same way.
- When the flashing processes are done you can see the phone rebooting in normal mode.
– note that the first boot process will take a while before it loads all the CM 12.1 ROM features.
These were the steps that you had to take in order to complete the installation process of this new custom ROM. If you need any extra help completing the tutorial, then you should tell us in comments.