The CM 12 Final builds are now live for all the Verizon HTC One M7 devices. Use this post in order to learn how to successfully install them on your phone without bricking their firmware.
CyanogenMod 12 FINAL (snapshot) builds are based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop AOSP and these are the final stable releases. From now on the CM team will continue working on CM 12.1 Nightlies/ Snapshots and on the future Android M Nightlies.
Check their web page here for more info on these releases. Before you can start the installation process you should read the preparation info below:
- use this post only for the Verizon HTC One M7 models.
- you can't use this guide for any other different One M7 devices.
- your phone needs to have an unlocked bootloader, it should be rooted and running a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- the installed custom Recovery has to be upgraded to its latest build, it will support the latest Android 5.0.2 ROM installations.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra preparation steps like the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset.
- the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your smartphone, one that can be used in case the new ROM doesn't boot in normal mode.
- the 'factory reset' process wipes the system partition, it removes all the files that were installed by the previous ROM.
- 'factory reset' doesn't delete any files from the internal storage.
- do not skip these steps.
- read the whole guide and do not skip any steps.
- if you want to save data from installed applications you can try the Helium app.
- sync Contacts data with your default Gmail account.
- this is a guide that you should only use in case you are an advanced user, we cannot be blamed in case you brick your device nor in case you lose any important data.
- check the battery charge level of your phone and make sure that it is over 50%, it prevents the device from powering down during installation.
These were all the steps that you had to go over before continuing to the next part of this post.
How to install CM 12 Final Android 5.0.2 ROM for Verizon HTC One M7:
- Download the CM 12 Snapshot ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for CM 12 ROMs from here.
- Transfer the files to your phone's internal storage after the downloads are complete.
- do not unzip the files.
- after you're done moving the files, then you should disconnect your device from PC.
- Power off the phone.
- Next, boot the smartphone in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
- CWM: select 'backup and restore'.
- TWRP: use the 'backup' options menu.
- set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Now you have to 'factory reset' the phone:
- CWM: select 'wipe data/ factory reset'.
- for TWRP use the 'Wipe' options.
- confirm process.
- Start the CM 12 Final ROM:
- CWM: select 'install zip from sdcard', then 'choose zip from sdcard'.
- TWRP: select the 'Install' option.
- Locate and load the CM 12 Snapshot zip.
- Confirm the installation process and don't press any buttons until all files are flashed.
- After the new ROM has been flash you should install the Gapps too.
- Reboot your device in normal mode after you're done installing these new ROM files
Note that the first boot process of CM 12 Android 5.0.2 ROM is going to take at least 10 minutes. If the device gets stuck at the boot animation screen or it enters in a boot loop, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once.
If you do repeat the tutorial, then you should first make sure that the phone meets all requirements and that you won't skip any steps. Use the comments field in order to ask for more help.