Resurrection Remix 7.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie OS is available and thanks to xda senior member mracar we can now use it on the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. We know, the Mi A2 Lite is neither the fastest nor the most powerful Android based device that you can use on a daily basis, but it’s the best phone if you’re on a budget and if you’re not planning to change it with a newer handset anytime soon. That’s why, this update opportunity might be the perfect solution for you – with this Resurrection Remix build your Xaomi Mi A2 Lite should run better and faster than it used to.
RR 7.0 is stable and perfectly optimized for the Mi A2 Lite. Shortly, this Android 9.0 Pie powered custom ROM will run smoothly on your device – no, you won’t be experiencing any software related issues. Additionally, the Resurrection Remix platform is bringing important tweaking opportunities that once applied will upgrade your phone’s performance: you will manage to bump speeds, upgrade the battery life and smooth up the Android UI when running your favorite apps, games and processes. As already outlined during the introductory lines from above, this update will make your handset run better than it used to.
Of course, Resurrection Remix is not an official Android Pie update released by Xiaomi for your Mi A2 Lite. Moreover, this custom ROM cannot be associated with Google as it is developed by third party devs who managed to port, modify and customize the official Android software. Resurrection Remix is a free aftermarket distribution of stock Android OS and can be flashed on your phone manually, by using TWRP recovery – yes, you first have to install a custom recovery image on your smartphone if you want to resume the update steps from below.
Moreover, a rooted system is required on your Xiaomi branded device as the new ROM will have to modify and change built-in features, apps and settings. Thus, be aware that installing the Resurrection Remix ROM will make you lose your Mi A2 Lite warranty – that happens when you set up an unofficial firmware package. Anyway, don’t worry as you can restore the warranty flag but only if you choose to reinstall the official Android software on your phone.
A custom ROM can run on your phone only if a clean install is performed. That means one thing: during the Android 9.0 Pie update operation a hard reset will be required on your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. Thus, be careful as you can lose your personal data, info, accounts and files: contacts, call logs, texts, images, audio files, market apps, internet settings and other similar files can be erased if you don’t make a backup first. Therefore, start using the built-in cloud storage services or perform other backup initiatives – save data on external storage devices, sync files with your Google Account or download dedicated and already tested backup and restore apps from Google Play.
On your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite go to Developer Options – this field is located under general Settings and if it isn’t, first of all access About Phone and in there start tapping repeatedly on Built Number until the ‘you are a developer’ message pops up. So, access Developer Options and from there check the USB Debugging feature.
Make sure that you first charge your smartphone if the power that’s left is currently under then 50% value. Don’t start installing the Resurrection Remix custom ROM firmware before charging your Mi A2 Lite as a sudden shut down that happens while the Pie software is added might soft brick your Android device – severe malfunctions can cause software related issues, so be careful.
A computer must be used as there you will first download and save the required files. A connection between your handset and your PC is needed too, so your phone and its USB cable must be at your disposal.
How to Install Resurrection Remix 7.0 custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and Update to Android 9.0 Pie OS
- Power on your computer; access this page and download the Resurrection Remix software package – save the file on desktop.
- Also access this page and download Google Apps – this package isn’t included in the Android Pie update file, so it must be flashed separately on your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite; save the file on desktop too.
- Power off your phone and wait a few moments while the switch off sequence is completed.
- Next, reboot recovery mode on your Mi A2 Lite.
- It’s time to initiate the full wipe, so from main menu of recovery select these options: ‘wipe data factory reset’, followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ and by ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
- When that’s done, go back to recovery mode menu and pick ‘reboot system now’.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer by plugging in the USB cord.
- From desktop select the downloaded files and transfer them on your phone.
- Afterwards, the computer will no longer be required; you can safely disconnect your devices now.
- Put your device into recovery mode again.
- From the TWRP recovery interface tap on Install; load the Android 9.0 Pie update file and swipe in order to initiate the Resurrection Remix installation process.
- Repeat the same step but this time choose to flash Google Apps on your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
- When that’s done, from main menu of recovery choose to reboot into Android Mode.
There you have it; the steps explained above will help you install the new Resurrection Remix 7.0 custom ROM firmware on your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. So, try this custom build of Android 9.0 Pie and share your update experience with us and with the other users who might need a second opinion before starting to follow our dedicated step by step guide. You can easily communicate with us by using the comments field from below. Enjoy.