Slim6 custom ROMs are now live for all the T-Mobile LG G2 smartphones. Check the info listed in this post in order to learn how to flash the new custom ROM for your device.
SlimROMs team has started to work on new Android 6.0.1-based AOSP releases, but you will find tons of extra features like the following ones: SlimLauncher, Root access, DPI changer, Slim Doze/ Ambient display options, proximity wake, proximity speaker, added toggle for waking up device when the charger is connected, Layers support, advanced Reboot menu and support for Slim’s Hardware key rebinding.
Check the following guidelines before starting the flashing process of Slim6 Marshmallow custom ROM:
- use the guide only with the T-Mobile LG G2 devices.
– don’t try to update other different phones.
– check the version of your phone under Settings> About Phone and make sure that the “d801” model number is the one listed.
- your phone has to be rooted and a custom Recovery should be installed.
– the installed Custom Recovery can be based on CWM or TWRP ones and it should be upgraded to its latest version, so that it will support the installation of a new Android 6.0.1-based custom ROM.
- in the tutorial part of this post you will find two extra steps like NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your smartphone, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– Factory Reset wipes the system partition, as it has to remove the old custom ROM completely and allow the new Slim6 Marshmallow ROM to boot in normal mode successfully.
– factory resetting the device shouldn’t remove any files from the internal storage.
- in case you need to save any data from installed apps you should you can use the Helium tool for Android.
- read the entire guide and do not skip any steps.
- check the battery charge level of your device, make sure that there is at least 50% power left before it switches off completely.
Now that you know all that you can continue to the next part of this post.
Note that this Slim6 Alpha build is still in its testing phase which means that you might find some errors and bugs while running it on your device. Make sure to report back to Slim6 developers any major bug you find.
How to flash Slim6 Android 6.0.1 Alpha ROM for T-Mobile LG G2:
- Download Slim6 Marshmallow Alpha custom ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 ROMs from here.
- Transfer files to your device’s internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– disconnect the phone from PC after the files are copied.
- Power off the device.
- Boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for your phone:
– for CWM select ‘backup and restore’.
– for TWRP select the ‘backup’ option.
– select the system files you wish to save and confirm process.
- Factory Reset your phone:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’.
- Begin Slim6 Android 6.0.1 ROM for your T-Mobile LG G2:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the Slim6.0.1 d801 ROM zip file and confirm process.
– do not press any buttons until all the new files are done installing on your device.
- After the custom ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps file in the same way.
- Reboot your LG G2 in normal mode when all the new files are done installing.
Use your default Google account in order to regain complete control over your device again.
In case the first boot process of this new custom ROM takes too long to complete, or it enters in a boot loop, you will have to try and repeat the whole tutorial more than once. In case you need any extra help you should tell us in comments.