Slim6 Alpha builds are now live for all the HTC One M8 devices. Follow the info listed in this post in order to learn how to successfully flash such custom ROM for your device.
The Slim6 Alpha builds are based on the AOSP Android 6.0.1 releases, but you will find tons of extra features and functions designed by the Slim team.
Here are some of the most important features that you will find in the Slim6 releases: advanced Reboot menu, Slim's Hardware key rebinding, layers support, Slim Doze and Ambient display options, proximity wake, proximity speaker, toggle that you can enable in order to wake up the device when it's charging, DPI changer, SlimLauncher, Root access, and others more.
Read the SlimRoms website posts here for more info on the new releases.
Before starting the installation of this new custom ROM your should check the info below:
- use this tutorial only with the HTC One M8 phones.
- do not attempt to update any other phones with the files that you will find in this post.
- your phone has to be rooted and it should run the latest version of either CWM or TWRP Custom Recovery.
- the installed custom Recovery has to be upgraded to its latest version, so that it will support the new Android 6.0.1-based custom ROM installations.
- in the tutorial part of this post you can find two extra steps: the NANDROID ROM Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
- the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for the ROM that's currently installed on your device.
- the backup file can be used to fix your smartphone in case the new custom ROM doesn't boot in normal mode.
- Factory Resetting the phone is going to wipe clean the system partition removing the old ROM.
- the 'factory reset' won't delete any data from internal storage.
- if you want to save data from installed applications you should use the Helium tool for Android.
- this is a guide for advanced users, as we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
- read the whole post and make sure not to skip any steps.
- check battery charge level of your device, make sure that there is at least 50% power left before the device switches off completely.
- use the tutorial in order to make sure that you won't be skipping any steps.
Since you've read all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash Slim6 Alpha Android 6.0.1 ROM for HTC One M8:
- Download Slim6 Alpha zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 ROMs from here.
- Connect your phone to PC and transfer both zip files on to its internal storage partition.
- after the files are copied you can disconnect the device from computer.
- Power off the phone.
- Boot the phone in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Set NANDROID Backup file for you device:
- CWM: select 'backup and restore'.
- TWRP: select Backup.
- select the system files you wish to backup and confirm.
- Factory Reset the phone:
- CWM: select 'wipe data/ factory reset'.
- TWRP: select 'wipe' for your device.
- Start Slim6 Alpha Android:
- CWM: select 'install zip from sdcard'.
- TWRP: select Install.
- Find the Slim6 zip file and confirm its installation process.
- When the custom ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps zip, too.
- After all the files are flashed you can reboot your phone in normal mode.
- Use your default login info in order to regain complete control over your device.
If you need any extra help completing the tutorial you should tell us in comments.
If the installation fails you should try to repeat the whole tutorial more than once, and make sure that you won't be skipping any steps in the process.