The SlimKAT 4.4.4 ROM has reached the Weekly 8.20 and you can use the installation instructions in this post in order to flash it for your Galaxy Note N7000 device. Check all the info below in order to learn how to update your device with a custom ROM.
If you wish to learn more about this release, then you can check out the official SlimROM website here. Check the guidelines below before starting the installation of SlimROM Android 4.4.4 Weekly 8.20 custom ROM for the original Galaxy Note N7000 smartphone.
Here's what you need to know before starting the installation process:
- use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
- check the model number of your device under Settings> About Phone.
- if the N7000 term is not listed under the 'model number' section, then you should skip this guide, as it won't work for any other smartphone.
- your Galaxy Note N7000 has to be rooted and running the latest CWM / TWRP custom Recovery Mode.
- both these custom Recovery images are supported by this guide.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra preparation steps: NANDROID ROM Backup and Factory Reset.
- the NANDROID Backup sets a restore point for your smartphone, one that can be used in case your smartphone refuses to boot in normal mode with the new SlimKat custom ROM.
- the 'factory reset' wipes the data from the system partition, that's the data installed by the previous ROM.
- the 'factory reset' won't delete any data from internal nor external storage spaces.
- if you wish to save data from installed programs or some SMS text messages, then you should use the Helium tool for Android.
- the Contacts data can be synced with the default Gmail that you've configure for your phone.
- check the battery charge level of your device and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the phone from powering down during installation.
- use this guide only if you are an advanced Android user, we cannot be blamed if you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data files while installing this new ROM.
- read the whole guide and don't skip any steps.
How to flash SlimROM 4.4.4 Weekly 8.20 ROM for Galaxy Note N7000:
- Download the latest build of this ROM here.
- Download the Slim Gapps zip for this ROM here.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC and move both zip files on to its internal storage.
- do not unzip the files.
- disconnect the device from PC when the files are successfully copied to your phone.
- Power off the phone and then boot it into CWM or TWRP custom Recovery Mode.
- it can be done by pressing at the same time Volume Up, Home and Power buttons.
- release the buttons when the screen flickers and the Custom Recovery Menu appears.
- Create a NANDROID Backup:
- CWM: select 'backup and restore', while for TWRP select 'backup' option.
- set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Apply the Factory Reset now:
- CWM: select 'wipe data/ factory reset' option, while for TWRP you should select 'Wipe' option.
- Start the installation process of the new SlimKat 4.4.4 ROM for your Galaxy Note N7000:
- CWM: select 'install zip from sdcard', then 'choose zip from sdcard'.
- TWRP: press Install.
- Find the ROM zip file and confirm the installation process.
- When the new ROM is flashed you should repeat step 7 actions in order to install the Gapps zip, too.
- When all files are installed successfully you will need to reboot the phone in normal mode.
- note that the first boot process of this new ROM will take at least ten minutes before it loads all the new firmware files.
- Use your Google account info in order to take control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to complete the new SlimKat 4.4.4 Weekly 8.20 ROM for your Galaxy Note N7000. If the process fails, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once.
For any extra help you will have to use the comments field below.