The CM 13.0 Stable ROM builds are now live for all the 2013 Nexus 7 Wi-Fi tablets. If you follow the instructions listed in this post you will learn how to successfully flash the brand new custom ROM without bricking your device.
The new custom CM 13.0 Stable builds are based on the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow AOSP releases. This means that you will finally get the "doze" battery standby improvements along with all the other stock Android 6.0.1 functions and elements. Besides all these stock features you will also find tons of extra customizations and Android 6.0.1 elements added by the CyanogenMod team.
Check the following guidelines listed below before starting the installation process:
Use the tutorial only in case you are an advanced user, we cannot be blamed in case you brick the tablet.
You should try to flash the CM 13.0 Stable ROM file you find in this post only on the 2013 Nexus 7 Wi-Fi tablets. Do not try to flash any file you find in this post for other Nexus 7 models.
In the 'how-to' part of this tutorial you can find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
The NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device. The backup can be used in case the new ROM doesn't boot in normal mode.
Factory Resetting your smartphone is going to remove all the data from system partition, but it won't mess with the internal storage.
If you need to save data from installed apps use the Helium tool for Android. Do not try to use Titanium Backup tool as it isn't fully supported by the CyanogenMod ROMs.
Check the battery charge level of your tablet, make sure that there is at least 50%, left before the device powers off.
Read the entire post and don't skip any steps.
How to flash CM 13.0 Android 6.0.1 Stable ROM for 2013 Wi-Fi Nexus 7:
Note: after you install the custom ROM you should hit the CyanogenMod Updates menu, and see if there is a newer Snapshot stable CM 13.0 available for download. This can be found under Settings> About Device.
If the installation fails, then you should try to update your installed Custom Recovery to its latest version, so that it will surely support the new Android 6.0.1-based ROM builds.
- Download the CM 13.0 SNAPSHOT release 1 ROM from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 ROMs from here.
- You need to copy these files straight to your tablet's internal storage.
- do not extract the files from their archives.
- disconnect the tablet from PC when the transfers are complete.
- Power off your device.
- Now boot it in Custom CWM or TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
- CWM: select 'backup and restore'.
- for TWRP select 'backup'.
- set a name for the file and confirm process.
- Factory Reset the device:
- CWM: select 'wipe data/ factory reset'.
- TWRP: select 'wipe'.
- You can flash the CM 13.0 Stable ROM now:
- for CWM select 'install zip from the sdcard', and then 'choose zip from sdcard'.
- for TWRP select the Install menu.
- Find CM 13.0 SNAPSHOT zip and load it in the Custom Recovery.
- Confirm the installation.
- don't press anything until the custom ROM is done installing.
- After the CM 13.0 is flashed you can flash the Gapps zip in the same way.
- Reboot your tablet in normal mode when all the new files are done installing.
Use your default Google account in order to regain complete control over your device once again.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to finish the CM 13.0 stable Android 6.0.1 ROM on your Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi tablet. If you need more help completing this guide, then you should tell us in comments.