XenonHD by TeamHerizon has reached the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stage and now you can install one of these custom ROM builds on the Canadian LG G3 devices. Use this tutorial if you want to learn how to successfully install this new custom ROM on your phone easily.
XenonHD 5.1.1 ROM is an experimental build based on AOSP Android 5.1.1 firmware, but you will get a pretty stable OS environment despite all the beta features comprised within. Learn more about this release here.
Before starting the installation process you should check the guidelines below:
- use this post only with the Canadian LG G3 D852 devices.
- this device is popular with Rogers carriers.
- however, check your phone's model number under Settings> About Phone menu.
- the model number has to be D852.
- do not attempt to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your device has to be running a rooted firmware.
- it should also sport a custom Recovery like TWRP or Philz Touch versions.
- the installed custom Recovery has to support the latest Android 5.1.1 custom ROM installations.
- make sure to upgrade the installed Recovery before starting the XenonHD Android 5.1.1 install process.
- in the tutorial you will find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset.
- don't skip those steps.
- the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your device, one that you can use in case the new custom ROM doesn't boot successfully.
- NANDROID Backup process saves the previous ROM files.
- the 'factory reset' process needs to be applied in order to remove the old ROM and allow the new XenonHD 5.1.1 ROM to boot.
- factory resetting the device won't remove any data from internal nor external storage.
- the 'factory reset' will remove installed apps, as it wipes clean the system memory partition.
- if you want to save any data from installed apps, then you can use the Helium app for Android devices.
- Contacts should be synced with the default Gmail account that you've assigned for your phone.
- check your phone's battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, it will prevent the device from powering down during installation.
- don't skip any of the steps listed in this post.
- we will not be blamed in case you brick your device nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
- use this tutorial only if you are an advanced user.
Continue to the next part below in order to learn how to flash a brand new custom ROM for your LG G3 device.
How to flash XenonHD Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM for Canadian LG G3 D852:
- Download the XenonHD ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for this ROM from here.
- Connect your phone to your PC and move these two files on to its internal storage.
- after the files are moved on your phone you can disconnect it from PC.
- don't extract the archived contents.
- Power off the phone and then boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create a NANDROID Backup for the installed ROM:
- Philz Touch: select 'backup and restore' menu.
- for TWRP select 'backup' options.
- set a name that's easy to remember and confirm backup.
- Now you can 'factory reset' your device.
- select 'wipe data/ factory reset' option for Philz Touch.
- the TWRP users can open the 'wipe' options menu.
- do not skip this step if you want your phone to boot with XenonHD ROM.
- Start the ROM installation:
- Philz Touch: select 'install zip from sdcard'.
- TWRP: select 'install' options.
- Find the XenonHD Android 5.1.1 d852 zip file and confirm its flashing process.
- don't press any buttons until all files are flashed successfully.
- Install the Gapps zip in the same way after all the Custom ROM files are flashed.
- After all XenonHD and Gapps files are flashed you can reboot your device in normal mode.
- note that the first boot process of this new custom ROM is going to take at least 10 minutes before it completes.
Use the default Google account in order to regain complete control over your smartphone.
In case the first boot fails to complete after 20 minutes or the phone enters in a boot loop, then you should try to repeat the whole guide more than once. If you do repeat the tutorial then you shouldn't skip any steps and that your LG G3 device meets all requirements listed above the instructions.