The official CM 13 Nightlies are now live for the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 users. Check the instructions listed in this post in order to learn how to successfully flash a custom Marshmallow ROM for your phone.
CM 13.0 Nightly ROM is based on AOPS Android 6.0.1, but it also contains extra features and elements designed by the CyanogenMod team. The Galaxy Note 2 Sprint devices haven't been updated to newer Android versions through official channels, but it seems like some CM Developers aren't ready to give up on this particular phablet.
Before starting the flashing process you should read the following guidelines:
- use this post only for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2 L900 models.
- do not attempt to update any other different devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- check your phone's version under Settings> About Phone.
- your device should be rooted and it should run a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- the installed custom Recovery should be upgraded to its latest version, so that it supports the new Android 6.0.1-based custom ROMs.
- in the how-to part of this post you will find two extra preparation steps like the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
- the NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your phone, one that you can use in case the new ROM doesn't boot in normal mode.
- the 'factory reset' steps are going to remove the already installed ROM, wipe the system partition in order to allow your device to boot in normal mode.
- factory resetting the device won't remove any data from internal storage.
- if you need to save data from installed apps you should use the Helium tool for Android.
- read the whole tutorial and make sure not to skip any steps.
- check your phone's battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, as it will prevent your device from powering off during the installation.
- this is a guide that you can use only if you are an advanced user, as we cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any important data files in the process.
These were the guidelines that you had to go over before starting the flashing process.
How to install CM 13.0 Nightly Android 6.0.1 ROM for Sprint Galaxy Note 2 L900:
- Download the CM 13.0 Nightly zip from here.
- Download Gapps for CM 13 ROMs from here.
- Move both zip files to your phone's internal storage.
- do not unzip the files.
- disconnect the phone from the computer after the files are copied.
- Power off the Note 2.
- Now boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Set a NANDROID Backup for your device.
- for CWM select 'backup and restore'.
- for TWRP open the 'backup' menu.
- set a name for the file and confirm process.
- You can Factory Reset your device:
- CWM: select 'wipe data/ factory reset'.
- TWRP: select 'wipe'.
- Start the CM 13.0 Nightly installation process:
- CWM: select 'install zip from sdcard', then 'choose zip from sdcard'.
- TWRP: select 'install'.
- Find the CM 13.0 zip file and confirm its flashing process.
- After the custom ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps zip as well.
- use the same instructions as in step 8 to find and flash Gapps.
- When all the new files are done installing you will need to reboot your smartphone in normal mode.
The first boot process of this new custom ROM is going to take a while before it loads all the new files. Use your default Google account in order to regain complete control over your smartphone once again.
Note that in case you've already set your default Google account to store apps and backups, then you will see all your data restored to your phone after installing a new custom ROM.
In case the flashing process of CM 13.0 Nightly fails to complete, then you will be forced to try and repeat the whole tutorial more than once. If you repeat installation, then you will need to make sure that your phone meets all requirements and that you won't be skipping any steps.
If you need more help completing this guide, then you should tell us in comments, as we'll try to come up with solutions for your problems.