Since Facebook is no longer a pre-loaded app on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus it’s easier to deal with errors such as the ‘Facebook has stopped’ alert.
That particular message means only one thing: the Facebook app has crashed and continues to crash for some particular reason. Well, don’t you worry as there are a few ways in which the Facebook errors can be solved.
As already pointed out, the Facebook apps isn’t pre-installed on your phone. That means you can anytime choose to remove it from your phone. It also means that you can try to fix it when it starts to crash without any solid reasons.
Bottom line, you’re facing a minor software glitch that’s turning out to be quite frustrating. Not just because you cannot use Facebook on your Galaxy S10+ anymore, but because of the constant ‘Facebook has stopped’ error message which keeps showing no matter what you do.
Thus, let’s see what you can do in order to quickly fix this annoying software problem.
Troubleshooting solutions for ‘Facebook has stopped’ error on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
Start with a force restart
Chances are the problems you’re experiencing are caused by an app conflict or by a similar software misbehaving. And most of these minor issues can be fixed just with a force restart. Do note, not with a regular reboot but with a force restart which is somehow different.
When you initiate a force restart on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus the memory is refreshed and the apps and pre-loaded services are reinitialized. And hopefully that will address the ‘Facebook has stopped’ error message.
Here is what you need to follow:
- Press and hold down the Volume Down and the Power button.
- Keep pressed the keys simultaneously for more than 10 seconds.
- Eventually your smartphone will reboot.
- In the end, try to access Facebook and see what happens.
Clear cache and data of Facebook app on your S10+
If the ‘Facebook has crashed’ issue is still there, don’t despair. Just go ahead and clear cache and data of Facebook app.
This troubleshooting solution will fix the Facebook app on your Galaxy S10 Plus if there’s a problem related with it.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Swipe up and open the Apps tray.
- From there go and choose Settings.
- Switch to Apps.
- Search for the Facebook entry and tap on it.
- Next, select Storage - > Clear Cache - > Clear data - > Delete.
- That’s it; in the end try to launch the Facebook app again.
Update the Facebook app on your S10 Plus
If you’re reading this next method, it means that the ‘Facebook has stopped’ error is still there. Well, let’s try to update the app before trying anything else.
Once again access the Facebook app from My apps as showed above. This time just tap on the Update option. That’s all.
Remove the Facebook app and reinstall it afterwards
My last recommendation is to uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app on your smartphone in order to fix the errors. In this way you will obtain a clean install of the Facebook tool which will hopefully address the problems experienced earlier.
So, go ahead and:
- Open the Apps tray.
- Go to Settings and choose Apps.
- Locate the Faccebook tool and tap on it.
- Next, choose Uninstall and tap on Ok for resuming the process.
- Reboot your device when that’s done.
- Afterwards, go to Play Store and search for Facebook.
- Reinstall the app on your phone and enjoy.
So, those are the troubleshooting methods that you should try if the ‘Facebook has stopped’ error message appears on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Tell us how you managed to fix the problems and contact us if you need further assistance – similar tutorials can be checked out on our ‘how to’ page.