If you manage to install a custom ROM that isn’t running properly or if you are currently experiencing different software related issues on your Sony branded smartphone or tablet I have the perfect solution for you. During this tutorial I will show you how easy is to reinstall the stock Android OS on your Sony device, regardless the model of your smartphone or tablet. So, if you want to learn more about this dedicated process, take your time and read everything from this tutorial.
Knowing how to restore / revert your Sony Xperia device back to the stock Android OS is extremely important. Such an operation can help you ensure a stable, smooth and secured Android experience, regardless the Android firmware version you are using on your phone. Moreover, a clean Android install can speed up your smartphone and can remove malware, malicious apps, unresponsive programs or inappropriate tools. As for the software issues that can be fixed with this tutorial, here are some examples: boot loops, lags, bugs, force close errors, battery drain, heating situations, alerts, screen freeze, total blackouts and so on.
In the same time, going back to stock is the easiest way in which you can revoke root access from your Sony Xperia device. Furthermore, if you choose to use this tutorial you will also manage to relock the bootloader of your phone, to reinstall the stock recovery image, to re-flash the bloatware, to reapply all the factory and default restrictions and so on. Basically, you will restore your smartphone back to its initial state.
Unfortunately, along with the tweaking procedures which will be all revoked, your data will also be wiped out – I am talking about your personal info, data, contacts and files since the built-in software will remain installed. So, as you can already tell you shouldn’t go any further without backing up your Sony Xperia device – you can do so easily by syncing your data with your account, by managing cloud storage platforms or by downloading and installing dedicated backup and restore tools. In this way you can safely save your contacts, call logs, text messages, calendar info, saved passwords, internet settings, images, videos, audio files, EFS folder, IMEI / NVRAM data and so on.
Reinstalling the stock Android OS on your Sony Xperia device is of course an official operation, supported by Sony. Therefore, you are safe and secured while using this step by step guide. The warranty of your smartphone won’t get void. Moreover, completing this guide is more than easy; all you have to do is to install a dedicated toolkit through which you can then download the stock firmware file, which will also be automatically flashed on your phone.
Of course, a computer will be required as this will be a manual update / downgrade operation. Make sure that on this computer the Sony Xperia USB drivers for your device are installed. Also, before doing anything else temporarily deactivate the antivirus or the antimalware protection from your computer – these programs can interfere with the download operations that must be performed. Along with the PC you have to use your phone and its USB cord. On your handset the USB Debugging option must be enabled; in order to do so you must first become a developer: tap seven times on Built Number under “menu – settings – about phone”; afterwards, access the “menu – settings – developer options” path and from there check the USB Debugging option.
Finally, just before resuming the steps from below check the battery status on your Sony Xperia device. If the power that’s left is lower than 50% the best will be to plug in the charger. In this way you can avoid further issues – for example, if your device will get turned off while you try to complete the update / downgrade process various other problems can be caused: in that situation you can end up in bricking your Android device.
How to Easily Reinstall Stock Android Firmware on any Sony Xperia branded device
- On your computer download the SPFLASHTOOL toolkit from here.
- Note: the firmware file will be downloaded from the mentioned tool.
- Good; now install the software you just downloaded on your computer by following on screen prompts.
- Run the tool and let it do its job.
- Now, click on the XF button in order to initiate Xpirifirm.
- Next, you have to choose the model of your Sony Xperia device by using the same program.
- Then, select your desired Customized Region, for example Customized UK, and download the available Android firmware file for your own model.
- Wait while the update is unpacked. In the end close Xpirifirm.
- Now, run the Flash tool and click on the lighting button.
- When prompted select Flashmode and then pick up the firmware you want to flash.
- In MiscTAExclude, Exclude SIMLOCK.ta, Cust-reset.ta and OSV restrictions.ta if any.
- Also choose Wipe Apps_log and userdata in order to clear everything – in this way you can make a clean install.
- Next, click on Flash; from now just wait while the process is completed.
- On screen instructions should be displayed which will tell you to connect your smartphone with your computer.
- Do so and let flashtool do its thing. If it asks you to select FSD click yes and you’re all set.
- In the end, unplug the USB cord and reboot your Sony Xperia device.
- That’s it; you are done.
Congratulations; you now know how to reinstall the stock Android firmware on any Sony Xperia device. You can successfully downgrade back to stock or unbrick your Android device. Of course, don’t hesitate and share your experience with us and with the other users who might want to use this dedicated step by step guide.