Use this tutorial to learn how to root the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLKPZ firmware for the Galaxy S Advance smartphone. Read the entire tutorial and make sure that you won't skip any step that is listed.
This root package has been delivered by 'Shaan', an XDA member and developer. It seems like this root will not increase the binary counter and you won't see any kernel changes. In order to make sure that you will successfully root your Galaxy S Advance you will first need to read the preparation guide below:
- This tutorial will work only with the Samsung Galaxy S Advance model number I9070. Do not use this guide for any other Android device.
- After installing the root you will get the stock recovery image. You will have to use another guide in order to flash a custom Recovery.
- Your device should have an External SDcard, as you won't be able to flash the root file from the internal Storage.
- The root process shouldn't wipe any data from your device, but you should still create backups of all the files that are currently stored on your smartphone.
- Make sure that your computer has all the Samsung USB drivers installed.
- Enable USB debugging option from your phone's Android Developer Options.
- Rooting the Galaxy S Advance will void the warranty and in order to restore it you will have to un-root it.
- Make sure that your phone's battery has enough power left in it. It should say that there is at least 50% power. This will prevent the device from switching off in the middle of the updating process.
- Read the entire post and make sure that you know what you're doing before starting the root.
- Don't blame us in case you lose any data in the process nor in case you brick the smartphone.
- Don't skip any steps that I have listed.
These were all the guidelines that you had to go over. In case you cannot complete the root and you hit any roadblocks then you should ask for more help in our comments field.
How to root the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Download the Root zip file from HERE.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC and move the 'Root.zip' file on to the device's external SDcard. Disconnect the device from PC when the transfer is complete.
- Power off the Galaxy S Advance.
- Boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing simultaneously Volume Down, Volume Up and Power. Let go off the buttons when the Recovery Mode menu loads.
- Select 'install update from external SDcard' and then, from the next menu, select 'choose zip from SDcard'.
- Find the Root zip file and confirm that you want to install it using the Power button.
- After the root is complete you should return to the main menu of the Recovery Mode. Select 'reboot system now'.
- When the restart is complete, the device will boot into normal mode. That is it, you've managed to successfully root your smartphone.
To verify that your device is rooted, then you should check the App drawer for the SuperSU icon, which means that the root has been applied.
These were all the steps that you had to take and now you can install root-based applications to improve the overall performance of your device. Also, you can check Root Status using this app from Google Play Store. If you were't able to flash the root file, then you should ask for more help in comments.