The Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 model number S7275 can now be rooted using the RootGenius app for Android.
Rooting your device will allow you to use new root-based apps and custom recoveries. Also, a custom Recovery such as TWRP or CWM will allow you to flash new custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, Omni and other popular ROMs that are based on newer Android OS versions.
If you want to successfully root your device you will first have to take a look at the preparation info below:
- use this guide only with the Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 model number S7275R.
- check the phone's model number by going through Settings > About Device menu.
- if the device's model number doesn't matches the one listed in this post, then you shouldn't attempt to root the phone.
- install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- without installing these drivers your PC will not detect the phone and RootGenius app cannot push the rooting files.
- enable the USB Debugging option from Developer Options menu.
- this menu can be found in Settings.
- disable all Antivirus apps and the Samsung KIES software if it is installed on your computer.
- check your device's battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, this will prevent it from switching off in the middle of the updating process.
- read the entire post, don't skip any steps and make sure that you will ask for extra help in comments in case you have problems completing the guide.
- this is a tutorial that has to be applied by advanced users, do not blame us if you brick your Galaxy Ace 3 device.
- if you root the phone, then you will lose warranty.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
This guide will work with any Android OS version you have installed on your device.
How to root Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R using RootGenius for Android:
- Download the RootGenius exe from here.
- When the app is downloaded you should launch it on your PC.
- Take the USB cable and connect the Galaxy Ace 3 to your computer.
- wait until the RootGenius app detects the phone and then you can continue to the next step.
- if the device isn't recognized, then you will have to repeat the entire process once again.
- Hit the 'Root Now' button when you're ready to start the rooting process.
- RootGenius will begin the rooting process. It will flash the KingUser app on your smartphone.
- After root is complete you can disconnect the phone from PC and then check the Galaxy Ace 3 app drawer in order to see if there is a new icon titled KingUser.
- that will confirm that the root is complete.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to apply root for your smartphone. In case you want to confirm that the root was achieved, then you should download and install the RootChecker app from Google Play Store.
Launch RootChecker app and then press the 'Verify' button to confirm that the root was applied correctly.
Remember that by rooting your device you have lost the warranty and in order to restore it you will need to flash a brand new Android official ROM.
If your device doesn't boot in normal mode after you complete root then you will have to apply Factory Reset. This will remove all the data from system partition and force your device to boot in normal mode. Here's how to apply a Factory Reset for your smartphone:
- power off the device completely.
- boot it in Recovery Mode by pressing at the same time Volume Up, Home and Power.
- when the Recovery Mode menu appears you will need to select 'wipe data/ factory reset.
- confirm process.
- reboot your phone after the factory reset is complete.