Galaxy S Advance has been updated to Android 4.1.2 and now you can learn how to successfully root the stock firmware using this guide. Read the entire post and you will easily complete all actions, which will then allow you to install new Custom ROMs and other customization elements. If you can't complete the tutorial, then you should ask for more help in our comments field.
In order to make sure that you correctly root your phone, you will first have to read the guidelines below. It will teach you how to configure the device so that you won't lose any important data in the process. Here's what you need to know:
- This is a guide for advanced Android users and you should only use it for the Samsung Galaxy S Advanced model number I9070. Do not attempt to use this tutorial on any other devices.
- Root only the Galaxy S Advance that runs on the Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Jelly Bean firmware.
- Your device should be factory unlocked and your computer should have the Samsung USB drivers installed on it.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your smartphone. It can be found in the Android Developer Options menu.
- Backup all your important data by moving it on your device's internal SDcard. Also, you can choose to backup SMS, Call Logs and other info using these tools: SMS backup & restore | Call Logs backup & restore | APN Settings Backup & Restore | AppBack for Android application. The rooting process might delete such data.
- Sync all your Contacts with your Gmail account. If you don't know how to do it, then you can use this guide HERE.
- Disable all antivirus apps that are running on your PC.
- Charge the phone's battery until the power level is over 50%. It will prevent the device from powering off.
- Don't blame us if you lose important data in the process. Also, we cannot be held responsible if you lose any data. That is why this guide should be applied by advanced android users.
- Rooting your device will void its warranty.
- Read the entire post. Make sure not to skip any steps that I have listed below.
These were all the guidelines that you had to go over before getting to the tutorial.
How to root Galaxy S Advance on Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Firmware:
- Download the Root pack from HERE. Save the file on your PC without extracting its contents.
- Connect your device to your PC. Move the Root pack zip file on your device's internal SD card. Disconnect the phone from PC when done.
- Power off your phone.
- Boot it into Recovery mode by pressing simultaneously Volume Up, Home and Power buttons. Release the buttons when the Recovery screen appears.
- Select 'wipe data/ factory reset' option.
- Select 'install zip from sdcard', then 'choose zip from sdcard'. Find the root.zip file and confirm that you want to install it.
- When the install is complete, your device will have to reboot by selecting the 'reboot system now' option at the main Recovery screen.
- After the reboot is complete you will be shown the main welcome menu.
- Take control over your device and then search the 'Root Checker' app in Google Play Store. Launch it to verify that your device has been successfully rooted.
These were all the steps that you had to take. In case you have problems completing the tutorial, use the comments section and ask for our help.