Since you've updated your device to the new XXLPH Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware I thought that you might need a guide that teaches you how to successfully root it fast and easy.
The tutorial guide listed here comes to help, those that updated their devices with the XXLPH ICS firmware, root their Samsung Galaxy S2. This action is needed because when updating the Android OS you have revoked the rooting access of your device and here you can learn how to re-root it. In order to be sure that you're running the XXLPH Android 4.0.3 ICS you need to go to Settings, then About Phone and check Firmware Version and, if the numbers and titles match then you are to start rooting your device. In case ins't running the update required to apply this root then you need to go here and update the firmware of your Galaxy S2.
Now that you know all this you should read the lines below and learn how to correctly prepare for the rooting process. Do not think about using the Samsung KIES because this software won't be detecting the XXLPH files. Here's what you need to know before moving to the root tutorial guide:
- backup all the data you have currently stored on your device.
- make sure to save and backup the APN and MMS Settings. You can do it by going to Applications, then Settings, then Wireless and Network> Mobile Networks and then Access Point Names.
- your phone's battery charge level should be over 75% so that it won't power OFF during the firmware updating process.
Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any problems you might encounter during the rooting process. Also, make sure that you carefully read all the steps and if you can't understand any information then please let us know by posting in the comments section. Now that you've read the general stuff about this rooting operation, you can move on to the tutorial guide.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT i9100 on XXLPH Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware:
- Download the XXLPH Root bundle and save it on your PC's desktop screen.
- Now extract the files contained within. The files that should appear in the extracted folder should be: 'CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA-LPH-v5.2-CWM5' and 'Odin3+v1.81'. If one of these files aren't listed then you will be forced to re-download the zip.
- Now you need to enable the USB debugging mode, which can be done by going to Settings, then Applications and then tap on Development and tick the 'USb debugging' option. Turn OFF your SGS2 and move to the next step.
- While the phone is off you need to enter download mode. Do it by pressing both Volume Down key and Center buttons simultaneously and while you hold'em pressed, you should press the Power button to switch the device back ON.
- Download mode will open and then you need to launch Odin exe on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable. After at least one minute you should notice that, in Odin, the ID:COM box turned yellow meaning that all the drivers have been successfully installed. Please note that if you notice troubles or the previous action didn't work as it should, then you need to go to Settings, then Wireless and network and then USB Settings and, select Samsung KIES option and that might turn the ID:COM section yellow.
- Now, in Odin, click the tab that says 'PDA' and select this file from the zip package you downloaded at step 1: CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LPH-v5.2-CWM5.
- Click START for the root process to launch.
- When the root operation was completed, your Samsung Galaxy S2 will reboot and after the home screen loads successfully you need to disconnect it form your PC by removing the USB Cable. Now power off your phone again.
- Now you need to enter recovery mode and this can be easily done by holding pressed both Volume Up button and Center button and then press the Power key.
- When in Recovery Mode you need to select the following two options: 'Wipe data/ factory reset' and 'Wipe Cache Partition'.
- Restart the SGS2 by selecting 'reboot system' option and when the device boots back ON it will have been successfully rooted.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to root your Samsung Galaxy S II GTI9100 that runs on XXLPH Android 4.0.3 ICS Firmware. If you have any other questions then please feel free to post them in our comments sections.