We all use different social platforms on your Android based devices. We use these services for receiving news about our interests, or for sharing our own thoughts with our friends and family. Bottom line, being able to use without problems our favorite social media apps is part of being able to enjoy a stable and smooth Android experience on a daily basis.
So, when you receive the ‘unfortunately, Twitter has stopped’ error message on your Galaxy S10 Plus, you have to fix a solution as soon as possible.
Twitter is an app that should run smoothly on your Samsung Galaxy S10+. However, due to various reasons it can get crushed from time to time. Unfortunately, once its functionality gets interrupted the problem persists and usually you have to try several troubleshooting solutions before getting to the bottom of the problem.
That’s why I am here to assist you. The methods explained below will show you what to do when the ‘unfortunately, Twitter has stopped’ error message appears on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
How to Fix Twitter problems on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
Solution 1: Force-restart your phone
A force restart process will reset memory and reload default apps on your phone. It can also fix minor software problems which might interfere with the Twitter functionality.
- Your device must be switched on.
- Press the Volume Down key on your phone.
- While holding down Volume Down, press and hold Power key.
- Simultaneously hold down these buttons until the reboot operation is completed – it will happen after 10 or 15 seconds.
- That’s all.
Solution 2: Delete cache and data of Twitter app
Another way in which you can fix such issues is by clearing cache and data of Twitter app. Here’s what must be applied in that regard:
- On your phone access the Settings menu.
- Then, go to the Apps screen.
- Search for the Twitter tool and tap on it.
- Tap on Storage and choose Clear Cache.
- Return and once again tap on Storage.
- This time select Clear data.
- When done reboot your handset.
Solution 3: Update the Twitter app
You can also try to update the Twitter app. If an update is available it might fix the app’s functionality and you will once more be able to use it on your Galaxy S10+. So:
- Go to Google Play.
- Tap on the Menu icon – it’s located on the left side of the search bar.
- Select My apps & games.
- Locate Twitter among that list and tap on it.
- Update the app if that’s possible.
- Reboot your smartphone in the end.
Solution 4: Reinstall the Twitter app
Twitter’s problems can be resolved if you choose to reinstall the app on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. And that can be done by following these steps:
- On your phone open Apps tray.
- Go to Settings and choose Apps.
- Find the Twitter tool and tap on it.
- Choose Uninstall and confirm.
- Reboot your device in the end.
- Now go to Google Play and search for Twitter.
- Reinstall the app on your phone.
Solution 5: hard reset the Galaxy S10+
Before resuming this last solution, backup your Galaxy S10+. Do that because otherwise you will lose your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps and everything else that means something to you.
A backup is recommended because the hard reset will erase everything that wasn’t pre-loaded on your phone and here we include personal files too.
Anyway, when you’re ready just follow the guidelines explained in our dedicated tutorial and learn how to master reset the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
Good; so these are the troubleshooting solutions that should resolve the ‘unfortunately, Twitter has stopped’ error from occurring on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
If you have questions or if you have something to share with us, don’t hesitate and use the comments field available below. We will try to assist you as soon as possible.