If you want to learn how to use your LeTv 1S properly, without constantly dealing with the annoying factory and default restrictions you must complete dedicated tweaking operations. Now, after you applied root access on your phone, it’s time to take the next step: unlocking the bootloader of your Android powered smartphone. As always, I am here to assist you – this tutorial will detail the unlock procedure, so you should follow all the lines from below in order to safely unlock the LeTv 1S bootloader.
Why should you consider in unlocking the bootloader of your LeTv 1S? Before answering this question you should ask yourself another thing: what is this bootloader and what it does to your phone? The bootloader is a small program which runs by default on your smartphone. It is similar with the program that runs on a Windows based computer or notebook – the one that is initiated each time your power on, restart or shut down your machine. Therefore, the bootloader is there to load the Android OS and other start-up programs from the ROM memory into the RAM partition.
As mentioned this program is pre-installed with different software restrictions – thus, your access is limited by default: you cannot remove start-up programs for speeding up your LeTv 1S and you cannot add other dedicated features through which to improve the battery life or to customize the general performance. So, if you want to tweak your LeTv 1S you must unlock its bootloader; that’s the only way in which you can ensure a clean Android UI and that’s how you can set a virtual path between you and your phone’s Android platform.
Just like we talked on the root process, this operation is coming with some risks. For example, the warranty of your LeTv 1S will get void – unlocking the bootloader is not an official operation and it is not supported by Google in any matter. As a conclusion, if during the future you somehow manage to brick your Android based device, you will then have to pay for the technical assistance, even if you take your phone back to service. That’s why the best will be to learn how to manually address the most common Android related issues – I am talking about general bugs, lags, force close errors, alerts, boot loops, screen freeze, battery drain, heating instances and even about total blackouts.
Another risk is related with your data. Unfortunately, during the unlock process your personal data, info and accounts can be wiped out. Moreover, a hard reset and clearing app data cache might be required in the end – you have further details in the end of this tutorial. Therefore, in order to avoid further problems, save what you might need afterwards before doing anything else. Through different backup and restore procedures you can easily save your contacts, call logs, text messages, internet settings, the EFS folder, IMEI / NVRAM data, images, videos, audio files and even the calendar info and the saved passwords.
You can unlock the bootloader of your LeTv 1S only if you perform a manual operation. So, that means that a few pre requisites must be considered first. In that respect, follow the details from the list from below:
- A computer, your smartphone and its USB cable should be near you.
- On the computer you have to install the LeTv 1S USB drivers and the Android SDK utility: learn how to install Android SDK on Windows or how to set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux.
- On your smartphone you must become a developer: access the “menu – settings – about phone” path and then start tapping – seven times- on the Built Number until you get the Developer rights message.
- Next, access the Developer options – “menu – settings – developer options”; just check the USB Debugging feature.
- Don’t go any further if the power left on your device is lower than 50%.
- If the power isn’t enough, plug in the charger – otherwise your LeTv 1S might get turned off while you try to unlock its bootloader. In that situation, the Android system might get bricked.
How to Unlock the LeTv 1S Bootloader
- On your computer access the Android SDK folder.
- Power on your device.
- Connect your smartphone with your PC with the help of the USB cord.
- From the Android SDK folder open a command prompt window: press and hold the Shift keyboard key while right clicking on any blank space.
- In the cmd window first type: “adb reboot bootloader” – your phone should be now automatically rebooted into bootloader mode.
- Good; next, in the same cmd window enter “fastboot oem unlock”.
- Now, just follow on screen prompts in order to resume the unlocking procedure.
- When done, in the cmd window type “adb reboot”.
- If a boot loop will be now issued, enter recovery mode on your Android device.
- From recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- When done, pick “reboot system now” and enjoy.
There you have it. The bootloader of your LeTv 1S is now unlocked. You can proceed towards other custom operations such as installing TWRP, CWM or any other custom recovery image, flashing custom kernels, overclocking your device, removing bloatware, adding features that cannot be found on the default version of the Android system or updating with custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod, AOKP or ParanoidAndroid.