Samsung has started to roll out the Android 7.0 Nougat official update for all Galaxy A5 A510F models in Europe.
These updates are being rolled out in stages for all Galaxy A5 Unlocked models first. Check the info in this post in order to learn how to flash the new update manually before Samsung manages to roll out the update in your region.
Before starting the installation process of this new update you should check the following guidelines:
- use this tutorial only for the 2016 Samsung Galaxy A5 models.
– check the model of your device and make sure that the SM – A510F version is listed there.
- don’t use this post for other different devices.
- download Samsung USB drivers from here and install them on your PC.
- Odin is the app that is capable of flashing the Android 7 Nougat update for your device.
– the update files are listed in the tutorial.
- you should enable USB Debugging from Developer Options menu.
– the Developer Options might be hidden, go to Settings> About Device> Software Info and tap seven times on the Build Number section.
– Developer Options will now be listed under Settings.
- Odin is capable of flashing the Android 7 Update over rooted firmware, but you should know that root access won’t survive the update.
- you can flash Android 7 update over a custom ROM, too, but you will need to Factory Reset the phone after the update is done.
– the Factory Reset process wipes clean system partition, and the steps are listed at the end of the tutorial.
– Factory Resetting the phone will not remove any files from internal storage.
- in case you are running 100% stock Android, then you can get straight to the next part of this post.
- this guide is for advanced users only.
Now that you know all of the above you can continue to the next part of this post.
How to flash Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Galaxy A5 A510F:
- Download the Android 7.0 Nougat update file from here.
- When the download is done you can unzip the archived files.
You will obtain the A510FXXU4CQDK tar.md5 firmware update file.
– don’t extract the archived contents.
- Download Odin 3.12.3 zip from here.
– after the download is done you can unzip the contents.
- Power off phone.
- Launch ODIN exe on your PC.
- Boot your Device in Download Mode and then connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
– if the phone is not added you have to reinstall the Samsung usb drivers.
- In Odin click the AP button. Load the A510FXXU4CQDK tar.md5 update file in ODIN.
- Hit START when you’re ready to begin the Android 7 update.
– don’t press anything until the updates are done.
When installation is done you can see the PASS alert and the phone will reboot.
- Unplug the phone from PC and use your default login info in order to regain control over your device.
If the FAIL alert is displayed in ODIN, or any other error prevents you from completing this update, then you can repeat the tutorial until you get it right.
If the you repeat installation you need to make sure that the phone is detected by the PC, and that you won’t skip any steps.
If the PASS alert is shown by ODIN, but your phone enters in a boot loop, or it gets stuck at the boot animation screen, then you will have to Factory Reset the phone.
The Factory Reset steps are listed below and can be used by those that have installed the Android 7 update over a custom ROM, too. Here’s how to Factory Reset the device:
- power off the phone.
- boot it in Recovery Mode.
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- reboot device in normal mode.
If you need any extra help completing this tutorial then you should tell us in comments below.