The 3G variant of Galaxy Ace 3 from Morocco had received an Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update; Samsung rolled out the OTA XXUAMH1 firmware for the Ace 3 S7270 devices and while the OTA is available only in the mentioned region, the other users of the smartphone can now learn how to manually flash the software on their own phones without waiting for the notification to being spotted. Therefore, use this tutorial and the following guidelines if you need to learn how to manually update your 3G Galaxy Ace 3 S7270 to official JB 4.2.2 XXUAMH1 OS.
It is well known the fact that the OTA releases are offered in phases and gradually and while users will some users will receive the update faster than others, there will be cases when the firmware will not be OTA received at all. If that happens, or if you have a rooted Ace 3 (as you know the rooted systems can’t receive official updates) a manual installation guide will be required. That’s why this step by step guide will be more than useful for you – it provides and alternative method for the classic OTA variant of applying an official Android OS.
The first thing to know when using manual procedures is that the process is compatible with both locked (unrooted) and unlocked (rooted) smartphones. So, you will be able to install JB 4.2.2 XXUAMH1 software on your Galaxy Ace 3 whether you have rooted your device or not. Do note that root access will be revoked in case it has been previously gained. Due to same reasons, after flashing the stock Android OS the warranty of your phone will be restored – only if it has been previously voided (by completing operations like: rooting, unlocking the bootloder, overclocking or installing custom ROMs and custom recovery images).
For this operation a Windows based computer or notebook will be required. Then, in a few words here is how we will apply the firmware on your phone: first Odin will have to be installed on the computer you will use; then, you will download the XXUAMH1 JB 4.2.2 OS on the computer; finally by using Odin and your Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 you will manually flash the software on your handset – easy isn’t it? Well, that’s my opinion too, so let’s get started.
But first, consider in backing up the Galaxy Ace 3 data; actually the data that is saved on the internal storage memory as the one stored on the SD card will not be affected. Use backup and restore tools from Google Play and save your contacts list, market apps, call logs, internet settings, personal info and accounts and even the EFS folder.
Then, on the computer you will use deactivate the security protection because in some cases the security tools like antivirus or Firewall might interfere with the download process. Also, since you will have to establish a connection between the phone and the computer, on your Ace 3 enable the USB debugging option – by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”. Another thing to take care is the battery status; if there is more than 60% power left, you are safe; else your handset might get turned off, and bricked, while you will try to install Android 4.2.2 OS via Odin. So, charge your smartphone before going any further.
Remember that the XXUAMH1 JB 4.2.2 firmware has been released only in Morocco; even though the same update can be manually installed on any Samsung Galaxy Ace 3, make sure to use this guide only if you have the 3G (model number S7270) of the mentioned handset; else you will risk in bricking your device.
How to Update Galaxy Ace 3 S7270 with XXUAMH1 JB 4.2.2 Official Firmware
- First of all, download Odin on your computer.
- Unzip, install and run the program on the same device.
- Then, second of all, download Samsung KIES as the Galaxy Ace 3 drivers must be installed on your PC (if the drivers aren’t already installed use KIES for flashing the same).
- Finally, download the Android 4.2.2 official update file from here (for Morocco MED) and from here (for Morocco MAT).
- Unzip the firmware on desktop.
- Now, boot your phone in download mode.
- Reach download mode by pressing on power, volume down and home buttons at the same time and for a few seconds; then release the buttons and connect your phone with the computer by using its USB cord.
- Once the connection establish, on Odin you should notice that the “added” message has been added; also the ID:COM box should now be yellow or blue.
- If not, unplug the USB cable, reinstall the Ace 3 drivers and retry the process from above.
- Pick the update in order to flash the same; for doing so, from Odin select “PDA”.
- Then, select the XXUAMH1 file from desktop.
- Good, now all you have to do is to press the “start” button from Odin.
- Wait while the installation procedure is running and don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- You will know when the process stops as on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed and the ID:COM section will turn green.
- At that point you can disconnect the handset from the computer.
- Finally reboot your Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 into Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS.
Well done; you have manually installed to stock Android 4.2.2 JB XXUAMH1 firmware on your Galaxy Ace 3 S7270. Test the new ROM in order to see how it performs; if you notice bugs or issues, return here and share the problems with us and with other users who might want to use this step by step guide – use the comments area from below for sharing your impressions and thoughts with us.