The official Android 4.1.2 OTA update is finally available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE handsets, though it will take a while until all the users will receive the highly-expected firmware. For now, the latest Jelly Bean software can be OTA applied by the Sweden users of the Note 2 (the international / unlocked version of the phablet) with more markets soon to follow. Now, if you are tired of waiting, or if you haven’t received the update until now, then you can anytime follow this step by step guide and learn how to manually update the Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to official Android 4.1.2 OS.
As you might know the ROM is dubbed as XXDLL1 and brings all the new Android features to your Galaxy Note 2 phablet. Remember that this is the official software and not a custom ROM firmware. This means that you will get the default Android OS and not a customized and optimized version of the same. Furthermore, even though you will manually install the Jelly Bean XXDLL1 update, the OS is still coming straight from Samsung, so the firmware is in its “pure” state with no changes or improvements added.
Now, if we are to take a look over the features which will be installed on your phone, we must mention the ones that are being listed below. There are more capabilities included in the system, so I just pointed the most relevant ones.
[caption id="attachment_12458" align="aligncenter" width="489"] Android 4.1.2 features for Galaxy Note 2 LTE[/caption]
Now, because the XXDLL1 is the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for being able to install the software on your Galaxy Note 2 LTE you don’t have to previously root your device. Also, you don’t need to unlock the bootloader so the warranty will not get void. Furthermore, if your smartphone is currently running a custom ROM then by flashing this OS you will be able to restore the warranty and install the stock firmware. Of course, if you own a rooted handset, then after completing the tutorial the root access will be revoked and for re-rooting you will have to use and apply a guide that is suitable with the new OS system.
A backup is still being recommended because for the manual method you will have to use Odin. Odin is a complex tool that is being used only for these types of operations so you have nothing to worry about (I will show you how to use the app during the proper steps from below). Anyway, backup the Galaxy Note LTE N7105 data as it might get wiped off. Take your time and save all you need to or else you will risk in losing all of your personal saves. Then, take a look and complete the next list of pre requisites.
- After backing up the data, enable the USB debugging option on your phone.
- Also, it is indicated to charge its battery if there is less than 60% power left. If your Note 2 gets turned off in the middle of the update you will risk in bricking your device.
- You will have to use a computer; on the same and on your smartphone uninstall the security programs before going any further.
- Make sure that the proper drivers for your phablet are being installed on your computer.
- Perform this operation only of you want to update the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE model number N7105 to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDLL1 as the software can be applied only on the mentioned device.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDLL1 Firmware
- Remember to backup the data and install the drivers on your computer.
- For the drivers you can download and install KIES, or use the links from here: 32 bit (x86) Windows; 64-bit (x64) Windows.
- Then, download the firmware on your computer from here; extract the file.
- Also download Odin and then install the same on the PC.
- Open Odin.
- Turn off the handset.
- Reboot it in download mode: press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until the “warning” screen will be displayed; next press on “Volume up” and download mode will be entered.
- Connect the Note 2 with the PC via its USB cable.
- Once the device is connected on Odin the “added” messages should be displayed and the ID:COM section should be yellow.
- If not, re-install the drivers and repeat the above explained steps.
- Up next, from Odin click on “PDA”.
- Select the update file from the computer and don’t make any other changes in Odin (ensure that the “Re-Partition” box is not checked).
- Click on “start”.
- Wait until the process ends.
- In the end on Odin the “pass” message should be displayed.
- You can unplug the USB cord.
- Reboot your phone. If it can’t reboot you must enter in recovery.
- For that turn off the Note 2 (remove and restore the battery).
- Then, press and hold the Home, Volume Up and Power keys together.
- From the recovery menu select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Next select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now” and you are done.
Well, what do you think about this procedure, was it hard or everything went as planned? Test the new OS and see if everything is working as it should. If there are problems share the same with us by using the comments area from below. Anyway, now you know how to update the Galaxy Note 2 LTE to N7105 Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXDLL1 Firmware. Stay close as custom ROMs software based on this update will be made available soon and we will update you with suitable tutorials.