As you know the official Android 4.1.2 OTA Update for the Galaxy Note has been leaked, but apparently the release date for the same will take place only in 2013, or if we are lucky enough, maybe somewhere during next month. Now, if you don’t want to wait that long and if you want to test the Android 4.1.2 flavor on your own Samsung Galaxy Note N700, this step by step guide is all you need. During the next few lines I will be showing you how to manually install the XXLSA leaked software on your Note, so let’s get started.
This leaked ROM is still in the test stage, but according to our sources (check the link from here for more details) it seems that the Android 4.1.2 firmware is working perfectly and there are no bugs in the system. So, the update is a stable one meaning that you have no reasons for waiting for the official release date of the OTA update. You will be able to easily flash the same on your Galaxy Note by following and applying this manual method that will take you and guide you through the installation procedure. In order to make a proper idea related to the Jelly Bean OS for the Note N7000, here are some of the features which will be added to your phablet:
[caption id="attachment_11955" align="aligncenter" width="492"] Android 4.1.2 Features for Galaxy Note[/caption]
This is an official software meaning that it is coming straight from Samsung (even though we are still talking about the leaked Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM) so by updating the same on your galaxy Note you will not void your phone’s warranty. Furthermore, you don’t need to have a rooted device for being able to flash this firmware and also the root access (if it was previously gained) will now be revoked and the bootloader relocked. Therefore, once you install the jelly Bean OS on your Note you will be able to restore the warranty, this if your handset is currently running a custom ROM firmware.
A backup though is still recommended because this is being considered a risky operation. Remember that you will manually flash the official software (which normally will OTA be received) on your Galaxy Note. So, take your time and make sure that all of your personal data is in safe hands. Then, you can safely go and perform the proper steps from below. If you don’t know how to complete a full backup then use our suitable guides (search through our how to section for the same) for learning how to save the contacts, messages, call logs, EFS and lot more.
As this tutorial explains a manual procedure, a Windows running computer will be required along with your device and its USB cord. On your Note enable the USB debugging option before doing anything else. Then, on both phablet and PC deactivate or uninstall the security tools or programs like antivirus and Firewall protection. The Note must have enough battery life for being able to stay alive during the update operation; therefore if there is less than 60% power left take the battery and charge it. This guide should be applied only for installing the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with the leaked Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware because the software won’t work on a differed device and worst you can even end up in bricking your smartphone or tablet.
How to Update Galaxy Note with Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Leaked XXLSA Firmware
- Download the update file from here.
- Extract the file on your computer.
- Then, download Odin.
- Extract and install Odin on your computer.
- Turn off the Galaxy Note.
- Put your phablet in download mode.
- The download mode can be reached by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Now, on your computer open Odin.
- On Odin, click on PDA and select the “CODE_N7000XXLSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar” file.
- Next, also from Odin select Phone and pick the “MODEM_N7000XXLSA_REV_05_CL1222228.tar” file.
- Finally, select CSC and pick the “CSC_OXA_N7000OXALSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar” file.
- Make sure that the Re-partition option is not checked and don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- Connect the device (must be in download mode) with the PC by using its USB cable.
- Once the handset is connected on Odin the “added” messages should be displayed and the ID:COM section should be yellow.
- If different install the drivers on your computer and re-do the above mentioned steps.
- On Odin, click on “Start”.
- Wait until the process ends.
- In the end, the phablet will reboot by itself.
- Also, on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed.
- If you get a boot loop then complete the following:
- Reboot the Galaxy Note in recovery mode: press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time and this time choose recovery.
- Then, from the recovery menu select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”. All the data will be wiped out so remember to backup the data first.
- Select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now” and you are done.
So, that was all for now. Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 has been successfully updated with the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean software. Remember that the OTA update will be made available later this year or in January 2013, this being the leaked firmware. Do tell how things worked for you by using the comments area from below.