Team Bliss are a group of popular developers that are releasing Unofficial Android 6.0 Custom ROMs for various smartphone models.
In this post you can find their BlissPop Android 6.0.1 Custom ROM installation steps. So, if you want to install this new Marshmallow AOSP / CM 13 hybrid custom ROM on your International Galaxy S3 LTE phone, then you should check all the instructions below.
Before beginning the custom ROM installation it would be best for you to check the XDA post here for more info on this release. Also, check the following guidelines before starting the BlissPop Android 6.0 flashing process:
Use the tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S3 International LTE model number I9305 device.
Check your phone’s model number under Settings> About Phone section.
Don’t try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
This guide is destined to be used by advanced users only. We cannot be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data in the process.
Your Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 device has to be rooted and it should run the latest build of either CWM or TWRP Recovery. The installed custom ROM has to be updated to its latest version, so that it supports the new Android 6.0 Custom ROM installations.
In the tutorial part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps: the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones. You shouldn’t skip these steps.
The NANDROID Backup creates a full restore point for your phone, one that you can use to fix your device in case the new custom ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
The Factory Reset wipes clean the system partition, but it won’t delete any data files from internal storage. Factory Resetting the device means that you will remove the old ROM and allow the BlissPop Marshmallow ROM to boot in normal mode after the installation is done.
If you need to save data from installed apps, then you should check the Helium app for Android here.
Read the whole post and don’t skip any steps.
How to flash BlissPop Android 6.0 ROM for International Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE:
- Download the BlissPop ROM zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 ROMs from here.
- Move the zip files on your phone’s internal storage.
– after you’ve moved the files you can disconnect the phone from PC.
– do not unzip these files.
- Power off your device and then boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for your smartphone.
– select ‘backup and restore’ for CWM-based Recovery or the ‘backup’ options menu if you’re using the TWRP Recovery.
- Now you can factory reset the device:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ option.
Confirm the factory reset process.
- Start the BlissPop Marshmallow ROM installation:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’ option.
Confirm installation after you’ve loaded the Bliss ROM zip file.
- Install the Gapps zip, too. Use the same actions above in order to find and flash the Gapps files.
- Reboot your phone after both files are done installing on your device.
Use your default Google account in order to regain complete control over your smartphone once again. These were all the steps you had to follow in order to flash a new custom ROM for your device.
If you need more help completing the installation, then you should tell us in comments below.