The official CM 13 Nightly ROM is available now for all the Motorola Droid 4 devices. Check the info listed in this post in order to learn how to flash the custom ROM on your phone.
CM 13 Nightly is based on all the AOSP Android 6.0 releases, but you will also find tons of extra features added by the CyanogenMod team. Read more about this release here at CM blog web page.
Read the following guidelines before starting the installation process of this new ROM:
- use this post only with the Motorola Droid 4 devices.
– do not attempt to update any other different devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your phone has to be rooted and it should have a custom Recovery installed on it.
– the custom Recovery that is installed on your computer needs to be based on the CWM or TWRP Recoveries.
– also, make sure that the custom Recovery is upgraded to its latest version, so that it supports the latest Android 6.0 custom ROMs.
- use this guide only if you are an advanced user.
– do not blame us in case you brick your phone nor in case you lose any important data in the process.
- note that in the tutorial part of this post you can find two extra steps like NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset.
– the NANDROID Backup creates a complete backup for the ROM that is currently installed on it.
– you can use the NANDROID backup to repair your device in case something goes wrong during the CM13 installation.
– the ‘factory reset’ process wipes clean the system memory partition, but it won’t delete any data from the internal storage.
– factory resetting the device is going to allow the new CM 13 ROM to boot successfully in normal mode.
- if you need to save data from installed apps, then you can use the Helium app for Android.
– do not use Titanium Backup to save any files, as TB is not supported by CM 13 ROMs.
- check battery charge level of your phone and make sure that it is over 50%, as it will prevent the device from powering off during installation.
- read the entire post and do not skip any steps.
After you complete the installation of this new CM 13 build you can continue flashing new builds by going to Settings> About Phone> CyanogenMod Updates.
How to CM 13 Nightly Android 6.0 ROM for Motorola Droid 4:
- Download the CM 13 zip from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 6.0 ROMs from here.
- Connect your device to your PC and then transfer these files on to its internal storage.
– do not unzip the files.
– don’t unzip the files.
- Switch off the phone.
- Boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
– it can be done by pressing Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Create the NANDROID Backup for your device:
– select ‘backup and restore’ for CWM-based Recoveries.
– TWRP: select ‘backup’ option.
- Start the Factory Reset”
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: select ‘wipe’ options.
– confirm process.
- Now you can start CM 13 zip file:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the CM 13 Nightly zip and confirm the installation.
- When the ROM is done installing you can flash the Gapps zip.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode after all the files are done installing.
– note that the first boot process of this new ROM is going to take a while before it loads all the new files.
- Use your default Gmail account in order to take control over your device once again.
If the first boot process of this new ROM takes too long to complete, it gets stuck at the boot animation or it enters in a boot loop, then you will forced to try and repeat the whole post more than once.
If you repeat installation you should make sure not to skip any steps and that your Droid 4 device meets all requirements listed above this post.