The Samsung Galaxy Premier users are now capable of flashing the new CM 12.1 Nightly on their devices using the info listed in this post.
CM 12.1 Nightly ROM is based on the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop AOSP releases, so you should be getting one of the best custom ROMs out there. Check the CyanogenMod team blog page here for more info on this release.
Before starting installation you should read the preparation info below:
- use this post only for the Samsung Galaxy Premier smartphone.
– do not try to update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post.
- your phone needs to be rooted and it should be running the latest build of either CWM or TWRP custom Recovery.
– the installed recovery image has to be updated to its latest version, so that it supports the newest Android 5.1-based custom ROMs.
- in the tutorial part of this post you can find two extra preparation steps like the NANDROID Backup and the Factory Reset ones.
– don’t skip these steps.
– NANDROID Backup has to be used in order to create a full restore point for your device.
– the ‘nandroid backup’ file can be very useful in case the new CM 12.1 Nightly ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode.
– the ‘factory reset’ wipes clean the system memory partition, it deletes the ROM that’s already installed on your phone.
– ‘factory reset’ process doesn’t remove any pictures, videos, music or any other similar files from your device’s internal / external storage.
- if you wish to save data from installed applications, then you should use the Helium app for Android devices.
– Contacts can be synced with the default Gmail account you’ve set for your device.
- use this post only if you are an advanced user, we cannot be held responsible in case you brick your phone, nor in case you lose important data files.
- check the phone’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 50%, it prevents the device from powering off.
- read this entire post and do not skip any steps.
You can continue updating the CM 12.1 ROM with new Nightly builds using the CyanogenMod Updates menu under Settings> About Phone.
How to flash CM 12.1 Android 5.1 Nightly ROM for Samsung Galaxy Premier:
- Download the CM 12.1 Nightly ROM zip file from here.
- Download Gapps for Android 5.1 ROMs here.
- Transfer both zip files to your phone’s internal storage.
– after you’ve moved the files you can disconnect the Galaxy Premier from your PC.
– do not extract the archived contents.
- Switch off the phone.
- Now boot it in Custom Recovery Mode.
– the recovery mode can be booted by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time.
– release all buttons when the main CWM / TWRP Custom Recovery Mode menu loads.
- First you will have to set a restore point for your phone:
– CWM: select the ‘backup and restore’ option.
– for TWRP open the ‘backup’ options menu.
– set a file name that’s easy to remember and confirm process.
- Now you can ‘factory reset’ the phone:
– CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
– TWRP: use the ‘wipe’ menu.
- Begin CM 12.1 Nightly installation for your Galaxy Premier:
– CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
– TWRP: select ‘install’.
- Find the CM 12.1 Nightly zip, confirm installation.
- After the new custom ROM has finished installing you can flash the Gapps zip using the same actions.
- Reboot your phone in normal mode after both the CM 12.1 ROM and the Gapps files are installed.
In case the installation fails, then you should use the comments field below for more help.
Note that you should try to repeat the whole guide in case the tutorial doesn’t work at your first attempt. Make sure not skip any steps and that your phone meets all the requirements listed above the tutorial.