The Sprint Samsung Galaxy S9 users have reported various problems with their devices, and one of these was the poo LTE performance. Check the info below and learn how to flash the update to fix this particular bug.
The new official Android 9.0 Pie Update has the software version set at G960USQS4CSC8 and it is being rolled out for the Sprint CDMA Galaxy S9 devices. It has been released over-the-air, but not everyone is going to receive it at the same time.
If you are an advanced user, and you wish to install it, then you can easily do it using the info posted in this post.
For the new update process you will need to use the ODIN app, a small tool designed to connect Samsung devices with computers allowing users to easily flash new updates.
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie Official Update for Sprint CDMA Galaxy S9
- Enable USB Debugging from your phone's Developer Options menu. Check here how to do it in case you can't enable it.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from here and install them on your computer.
- Download Odin 3.13.3 tool from here. When the download is done you can unzip the contents and save them on your PC.
- Download Android 9.0 Pie April 2019 build archive from SamMobile here.
- Power off the phone.
- Launch Odin exe on your computer.
- Boot the Galaxy S9 in Download Mode. Do it by pressing simultaneously Volume Down + Bixby + Home. Release the buttons and press Volume Up when asked.
- Connect the phone to computer via usb cable. Wait for Odin to add the phone.
- Go to Odin menu now.
- Click AP and load the AP_G960USQS4CSC8 tar.md5 file.
- Click BL and load the BL_G960USQS4CSC8 tar.md5 file.
- Click CP and load the CP_G960USQS4CSC8 tar.md5 file.
- Click CSC and load the file with HOME_CSC_G960USQS4CSC8 in its name. Do not load the file that has only "CSC" in its title, as that will delete all the data from your phone.
- Hit the START button in ODIN and the Android 9.0 Pie update will be initiated.
When the installation is done you can reboot the Sprint Galaxy S9 in normal mode. In case you require more help completing the guide, then you can tell us in comments below.