If you want to customize the Android Pie UI on your OnePlus 6T and if you want to play with new features, apps and capabilities which cannot be used on the stock Android firmware, we have a new custom Android port that’s compatible with your device. We will therefore detail the flashing steps that must be used if you want to install this new custom ROM on your OnePlus 6T along with other essential info that should be first checked – so, before choosing to apply something, read all the lines from this step by step guide.
This custom port will bring the Samsung One UI on your OnePlus 6T thanks to xda senior member ProtoDeVNan0. The ROM is however still under development stage so don’t expect to flash a fully stable Android Pie system. There are many things that aren’t running properly and you can check more details in that regard here. Anyway, the dev will fix all these bugs so that you can successfully use this Samsung One UI platform without issues on a daily basis right from your OnePlus branded device.
Therefore, for now we recommend this update opportunity only for the advanced Android users who knows what to do with a new custom firmware that’s still under development stage. By the way, the custom Samsung One UI Port is bringing great features, apps and capabilities along with a unique Android functionality which can be further customized and optimized on the OnePlus 6T. With the right tweaks applied you can easily upgrade battery life, receive better results in terms of speeds and performance and change built-in features and processes.
Anyway, it should be clear for you that an unofficial update operation is about to be detailed. The Samsung One UI Custom Port isn’t related with OnePlus and cannot be associated with your OEM. In that respect you need to know that you will lose your phone’s warranty if you will choose to apply the steps from below. Also, you won’t be able to receive future OTAs and you will lose access to built-in apps and features. You can restore the warranty only if you reinstall the official OxygenOS on your OnePlus 6T, situation during which you will manage to restore everything back to factory state.
Since the custom ROM is not fully stable you should make a Nandroid backup before doing anything else. This operation will help you save the Android OS that currently runs on your smartphone. Thus, if the new Samsung One UI Port will not act as you expected you will be able to use the Nandroid backup package in order to go back to stock.
As you will see, flashing a custom ROM can be done only on a clean Android system. Shortly, you will have to hard reset your OnePlus 6T first which means that you will have to erase everything that wasn’t there from day one including your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, audio files, market apps, internet settings, calendar info, saved passwords and so on. That’s why it’s more than important to backup your device before going any further with this update initiative. Just use backup and restore solutions and save your personal files: sync data with your Google account, use external storage devices, use built-in cloud storage programs or download dedicated backup and restore apps from Google Play.
After securing the files that are important for you it’s time to take care of two other additional operations. Without these you won’t be able to install the Samsung One UI custom Port on your OnePlus 6T:
- Unlock the OnePlus 6T bootloader – you have to unlock the Android OS before replacing it with an unofficial update.
- Install TWRP recovery on your smartphone – the actual flashing process will be completed from the custom recovery environment.
Moreover, make sure that a computer is at your disposal because there you have to download the update package first. As you can already tell, a connection between your handset and your computer will be required too, so make sure that you can successfully complete it: on your smartphone access Developer Options and check the USB Debugging feature. Note: if Developer Options isn’t displayed under general Settings, navigate towards About Phone and start tapping on Built Number – tap repeatedly on that field just until the ‘you are a developer’ message is returned.
Charge your OnePLus 6T before starting to install the Samsung One UI Port firmware. Do that especially if the power left is lower than 50% as sudden shut downs might happen otherwise. Be careful as an unexpected switch off right in the middle of the update operation might cause various software related issues on your smartphone so try to avoid such unpleasant situations (worst case scenario – you end up in soft-bricking your Android based device).
How to Install Samsung One UI Port on OnePlus 6T
- Download the One UI port package from here. Save this file somewhere on your computer and in the end unzip the package on desktop.
- Switch off your smartphone and wait while the turn off process is completed.
- Reboot recovery mode on your OnePlus 6T.
- In recovery choose to initiate the full wipe – just pick these options: ‘wipe data factory reset’ followed by ‘wipe cache partition’ and by ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
- Go to Android mode when done.
- Next, reboot fastboot mode on your OnePlus 6T and connect your handset with your computer with the help of the USB cable.
- Access the unzipped folder from desktop and run the flasher_windows.bat script.
- Now, copy the One UI backup folder from the unzipped path and transfer it to the TWRP/backups/ directory on your OnePlus 6T.
- Put your smartphone into recovery mode again.
- In recovery tap on Restore and select the One UI backup package.
- Swipe and wait while the flashing process is being completed.
- When done, from main menu of recovery choose to go back to Android mode.
There you have it; that’s how you can customize your OnePlus 6T with the Samsung One UI Port firmware. Tell us everything about this new ROM after testing its functionality and stay close for similar other update opportunities available for your OnePlus branded device. If you have questions use the comments field from below for sharing your thoughts with us and we will try to assist you as soon as possible.